April 20, 2016

Hot Fire


This week I am delighted to feature another budding author, a dear friend’s granddaughter, Jocelyn Fullenkamp.

Jocelyn is 7 years old and in first grade.
She has two younger sisters and a baby brother. 

She loves reading, writing and math.
She also enjoys soccer, basketball and lacrosse.
Jocelyn is a member of Girl Scouts Daisies. 

In her free time, she loves to read, create plays, draw and play with her sisters and brother and friends. 

Her class has been working on poetry - writing, editing and revision. As a class assignment, they were asked to write about feeling angry. Jocelyn did a wonderful job. In Hot Fire she paints a powerful picture of her feelings of anger and frustration and the coping mechanisms that she uses to deal with that anger.
 

Hot Fire
by Jocelyn

 
I see red hot fire.

I see a volcano in front of my eyes.

I yell.

I scream and I punch pillows.

I chase my sister.

I feel like a thunderstorm chasing her.

I grab my pillow and knock my head

against it.

I calm down.

1 comment: