November 3, 2013

Roses and Daisies and Death, Oh My is ready to launch!

The excitement is on! My novel, Roses and Daisies and Death, Oh My, is being released December 1st  and I'm getting ready for an actual launch party.

Quite honestly, having a book in print is something I never even thought about. I never imagined being a writer. I wrote a little here and there - a short story or a poem - but I was pretty content being domestic. I actually liked cooking. I enjoyed sewing. I liked being the team mom and the room mother. For a child of the 60's this was hard to swallow sometimes, but true feminism means I get to choose what makes me happy, and that was what made me happy.

And then my husband and I retired. I needed something to fill the time. Cooking, except on holidays, had lost its appeal. Forty plus years of dinner takes some of the glamour out of the task. Sewing, too, lost its charm. Small print, bi-focals, and an achy back took their toll. And being a team mom/room mother pretty much requires a kid on the team or in the room.

So I tried my hand at writing a mystery. It was just supposed to be a hobby. But surprise! Here I am, an author, getting ready to enter the world of promotion and sales. Wish me luck and come by the party and say hi. I'd love to see you. 

Launch of  Roses and Daisies and Death, Oh My
Saturday, December 7th
2 to 4 in the afternoon
Old Bowie Town Grille
Bowie, Maryland
If you're interested in coming, just let me know at pennypetersen@rocketmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Maggie and I will be here. Really looking forward to it.
    DB

    ReplyDelete
  2. After talking to you I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. You have done a magnificent job at the planning and now all that is left to do is wait...oh wait...the menu...oh and the gift bags...and...not to worry I'm sure you marketing person is handling all of that. (smile)

    ReplyDelete